Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm A Spoiled Spoiled Girl

Adventures in London with my New Camera


So before we headed to England we had planned on going to the New England Patriots vs. St Louis Rams game in London on Oct 28, but we couldn't get a flight back to London for me after my best friend's wedding the 27th that would get me in early enough. It was going to be our "anniversary gift" to each other. So I got Nick something then beggggged him (Puppy dog eyes were a must here) for a new camera after seeing the pictures my friend Ashley Fox was getting with her new SLR. I did some research debating between an SLR and Bridge Camera. I ended up with the Fujifilm S2980. Basically its a camera somewhere between a point and shoot and an SLR. It doesn't have interchangeable lenses. 

The Statue of Eros

I went out in London one day to take some pictures. I went to Piccadilly to get some pictures around there of the gorgeous buildings and the Times Square style displays. It's one of my favorite areas, aside from Westminster which really has my heart. 

Piccadilly Street

Regent Street

I went on a Harry Potter Walking Tour (More on this later! This is a post of its own!) But I got to see so much of the city!


 We took a River Boat Ferry to get down the river more quickly. These pictures of Parliament and the Eye were taken on the Thames.



Random Fact: There are 32 capsules, one to represent each of the London Boroughs, and just the one red pod to represent EDF's sponsorship of the Eye.

After my walking tour, I went up in The Monument to the Great Fire. It is 202 feet tall and stands 202 feet from the baker's shop where the Great Fire is said to have started. The idea when it was built was that if it was tipped over the golden orb at the top would be where there fire started. There is a viewing tower at the top of the pedestal (the big flat square at the top) which is accessible only by stairs.




By the time you reach the top you're so worn out its almost hard to enjoy the view!! It was gorgeous at the top though!

The Tower Bridge from the Top

A view down the river to the Eye

This building is called "The Shard"which is the tallest building in Europe

City Hall, where Boris Johnson works. Evidently there is no limit to time you can be elected as mayor!

View of the city down river

A shot down so you can see how high up it was!

The London Bridge area. 

Bank area


I ended my London Photo shoot day at Buckingham Palace. I thought I should hit it on my last day out in London juuuuust in case I didn't make it back in the country again!
Messing around with the panorama setting on my camera LOOOOOVE
& the self timer

The Monument to Victoria in front of the palace

The new camera takes some pretty awesome pictures and I'm enjoying taking them! Having this time has really given me time to get back into photography!













No comments:

Post a Comment